Eyeglasses in York, Gettysburg, & Lancaster, PA
Leader Heights Eye Center Eyewear Policies
Eyewear is one of the most custom-made products you can purchase, primarily because the lenses are made to your unique prescription and then shaped to fit in the frames you have selected. Because of the custom-made nature of eyeglasses, modifications to orders, returns and exchanges are limited.
Leader Heights Eye Center Required Deposit – A deposit of 50% is required to start the processing of an eyewear order except where prohibited by insurance. All material insurance copayments and coinsurance are due when the order is placed.
Leader Heights Eye Center Cancellation Policy
- Insurance plans do not allow modifications or cancellations once the job is started.
- The Order Taken and Placed with the Laboratory. Modifications and cancellations are possible without charge if the laboratory has not begun to process the lenses.
- The Laboratory has Begun to Process the Lenses or has Completed Processing the Lenses. Modifications and cancellations are possible. A fee of 50% of the lens’ retail price applies. This includes AR treated lenses and lenses for rimless frames.
Leader Heights Eye Center Return Policy
- The Order Has Been Completed. One exchange within sixty (60) days for a frame of equal or lesser value.
- Insurance plans do not allow frame returns.
- For frames of greater value, pay the difference between the price of the frame exchanged and the higher priced frame.
- For frames of lesser value, no allowance or refund is provided.
Leader Heights Eye Center Lens Modifications Policy
- If your doctor changes your prescription we are happy to make one doctor/optician change or adjustment at no charge during the first sixty (60) days from the date of sale.
Leader Heights Eye Center Warranties are valid one (1) time for one (1) year from the original date of sale:
- Frames are warranted against manufacturer defects such as frame failure, frame marring and peeling finish.
- Lenses are warranted against scratches and manufacturing defects.
Placing new lenses in old frame
We are happy to make new prescription lenses for your own frame if it’s in good condition and fits your face properly. If we accept your frame for re-use, we pledge to use the utmost care in handling it. But in a small percentage of cases, the frame material will be worn or brittle to the point that it will not support a new pair of lenses. Please be aware that older frame styles are often discontinued by the manufacturer and replacement parts are usually not available. This presents a problem if the frame breaks and can’t be repaired. If your frame breaks during our lens insertion process, the cost of the replacement frame will be at your expense. The lenses initially made for that frame cannot be re-used for a different frame style. There is a $25 fee if we are electronically tracing the frame to send to the lab.
There are no replacements for lost clips or eyewear.