Leader Heights Eye Center Eyewear Policies
Eyewear is one of the most custom-made products you can purchase, primarily because the lenses are made to your unique prescription and then shaped to fit in the frames you have selected. Because of the custom-made nature of eyeglasses, modifications to orders, returns and exchanges are limited.
Leader Heights Eye Center Required Deposit
- A deposit of 50% is required to start the processing of an eyewear order except where prohibited by insurance.
- All material insurance copayments and coinsurance are due when the order is placed.
- The Order Taken but Not Placed with the Laboratory. Modifications and cancellations are possible without charge.
- The Order Taken and Placed with the Laboratory. Modifications and cancellations are possible without charge if the laboratory has not begun to process the lenses.
- The Laboratory has Begun to Process the Lenses or has Completed Processing the Lenses. Modifications and cancellations are possible. A fee of 50% of the lens’ retail price applies. This includes AR treated lenses and lenses for rimless frames.
Leader Heights Eye Center Cancellation Policy
- The Order Has Been Completed. One exchange within sixty (60) days for a frame of equal or lesser value.
- For frames of greater value, pay the difference between the price of the frame exchanged and the higher priced frame.
- For frames of lesser value, no allowance or refund is provided.
- Insurance plans do not allow frame returns.
Leader Heights Eye Center Lens Modifications Policy
If your doctor changes your prescription we are happy to make one doctor/optician change or adjustment at no charge during the first sixty (60) days from the date of sale.
Leader Heights Eye Center Warranties
Frames are warranted against manufacturer defects such as frame failure, frame marring and peeling finish for one year from the original date of sale or two years from the original date of sale.
Lenses are warranted against scratches and manufacturing defects for a period of time dependent on the treatments chosen. Your lenses are warranted for one year from the original date of sale or two years from the original date of sale.
Use of your own frame is at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for weaknesses in the frame that may not be visible. During the process of inserting lenses and adjusting damage may occur including breakage or damage. We recommend always using a new frame if the frame is discontinued or more than two years old. We will not be responsible for replacement of a frame that breaks during the insertion or adjusting process.
There are no replacements for lost clips or eyewear.